Description of physiotherapy course-
The physiotherapy profession is concerned with maximizing human functions, movement and physical potential .
The physiotherapy course offered by the GNSU will provide the student excellent exposure of the academic by the qualified teachers as well as the clinical exposure in the hospital present inside the GNSU campus. The physiotherapy profession is concerned with maximizing human functions, movement physical potential Physiotherapy course offered by the GNSU will provide the student excellent exposure of the academic by the qualified teachers as well as the clinical exposure in the hospital which is present inside the GNSU campus .
Specialisation In Physiotherapy-
- MSK/ Orthopaedic
- Cardio pulmonary
- Sports medicine
- Women health
- Manual therapy
Roles And Responsibilities of Physiotherapist –
- Physiotherapists work at the preventive, curative as well as rehabilitation level.
- Physiotherapists asses patients muscle strength, sensation, gait, posture, balance coordination problem and diagnose patients.
- Prescribe different kind of exercises for the patient
- Physiotherapist uses different kind of electrotherapy modalities to treat the patient
- Gait training to the patient
- Prescription of the wheelchair
- Patient home evaluation to make the environment barrier free and accessible
- improve the cardiovascular function of the patient by giving chest physiotherapy
Career Options in The Physiotherapy -
- Good opportunity to work in abroad
- Clinical physiotherapists in multi-speciality hospitals and NGOs.
- Sports physiotherapist in sports academies
- Professor in universities and colleges.
- They can work in special schools for physically challenged children Physiotherapists can work in old age home Instructor in modern gymnasium
Eligibility Criteria- Pass in 10 + 2 with physics chemistry and Biology
Course Duration- Physiotherapy is a 4-year program and 6 months internship